The Technical Regulation of the Customs Union (TR CU) 005/2011 is a list of standards to ensure packaging and closing equipment safety. These are independent products and are issued in the customs territory of the EACU member States.
The essential aim of the standards set by the Technical Regulation (TR) CU 005/2011 for the storage, transport, and disposal of packages is as follows:
- Environment and people protection
- Unimpeded entering and movement on the territory of the Eurasian Customs Union
- Avoidance of actions that mislead consumers of a finished product regarding its purpose and safe use.
WHAT DOES TR CU 005/2011 COVER?
The regulation covers all types of packaging and closing that are finished products on the Federal Customs Service list. These may be bags, bags, canisters, trays, boxes, lids, and plugs of glass, metal, textiles, paper, and other materials for the food and non-food industries produced in any country.
EAC DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
To assess the conformity of products with the norms of TR CU 005/2011 in the form of state registration, you need to issue an EAC declaration.
There are some mandatory procedures, which are carried out following specific schemes that govern the composition and sequencing of verification activities and consist of several steps:
- Testing of the samples
- Test report of the results
- Creation and registration of an EAC declaration of conformity with the TR CU 005/2011
A voluntary EAC certificate is issued only as additional proof of product quality.
APPLICATION OF STANDARDS
In addition to GOST with terms, recommendations, and conditions, there are also methodological guidelines, instructions, sanitary rules, and standards:
- Maximum permissible quantities of chemicals
- Sampling for testing
- Quality assessment and product control
Packaging must be safe. The Technical Regulation (TR CU) 005/2011 is to protect the consumer and the environment through a series of regulations aimed at:
- Minimization of risks in the design, manufacture, storage, and use of packaging and closures
- Sanitary parameters of materials used in the manufacture
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FOOD AND NON-FOOD PACKAGING
Marking is intended to identify packaging material through graphics and numerical and alphabetic symbols.