Technical regulation of the Eurasian Customs Union (TR CU) 007/2011 is a list of standards to ensure the safety, identification, and EAC marking of new children and adolescents’ products (not previously used). Compliance with the Technical Regulation is necessary for the unimpeded entry and movement of this category of goods throughout the EACU member states’ territories.
WHAT DOES TR CU 007/2011 COVER?
The Technical Regulation 007/2011 covers virtually the entire range of new products for children and young people produced, imported, and sold in the territory of EACU, ranging from soothers and diapers to bicycles and stationery.
TR CU 007/2011 DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING GOODS:
- Medical use
- Baby food
- Perfumery and cosmetics (TR CU 009/2011)
- Sports goods and equipment
- Training manuals
- Toys (TR CU 008/2011)
- Furniture (TR CU 025/2015)
Before being launched on the Russian market, products shall undergo an assessment of conformity with the requirements of this Technical Regulation by State Registration of the EAC Declaration or EAC Certification.
EAC CERTIFICATION OF CONFORMITY
EAC Certificate or EAC Declaration of Compliance with the requirements of the technical regulation confirms and guarantees the safety of children’s goods, which do not threaten health if properly applied.
To assess the conformity of products with the norms of TR CU 007/2011 in the form of state registration, you will need to issue an EAC Declaration or Certification. These procedures follow specific schemes that govern the composition and sequencing of verification activities.
TP CU 007/2011 EAC certification has several schemes:
- 1c and 2c – for the evaluation and control of production series
- 3c – for one-time delivery (batch products)
- 4c – for single products
The results are the basis for the decision to issue an EAC Certificate.
- Compliance with the safety rules established by the technical regulation is controlled by the standards included in the list.
- State control is regulated by unified legislative documents developed by EACU member countries.
- The identification and assessment of compliance of children’s products with the regulations are carried out by the manufacturer themself or with the assistance of organizations accredited in the relevant field of EAC Certification.