Technical regulation of the Eurasian Customs Union (TR CU) 011/2011 is a list of standards to ensure the safety of elevator structures, their components, and safety devices used in the territory of EACU member states. The document protects people’s life and health and controls the production, supply, and sale of elevators on the territory of the Eurasian Customs Union.
The rise in land prices increases the need for high-rise buildings and the relevance of TR CU 011/2011, whose documentary evidence brings some advantages:
- You’re saving time since it is enough to issue just the EAC certificate
- Image and competitiveness improvement
- Increase in sales
- Entering new markets
WHAT DOES TR CU 011/2011 COVER?
The technical regulation covers cargo-passenger and other types of elevators with various protective devices – brakes, buffers, and counterweights. Confirmation of conformity is mandatory and must be issued in the form of an EAC Certificate.
The regulation does not cover devices equipped with a screw or rack and pinion lifting mechanism, as well as elevator cabins intended for the needs of the defense complex and is involved in:
- Coal mines
- Ships and other floating means
- Offshore drilling platforms
- Aeronautical engineering, including airplanes
EAC CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY
EAC Certification of elevators and safety devices is carried out according to schemes 1c, 3c, and 4c by organizations with appropriate accreditation as follows:
- Collecting the necessary documentation
- Test report
- Execution of a document with registration in the Federal Accreditation Agency (RusAccreditation)
The following information must be included in the EAC Certificate of Conformity:
- Type of elevator
- Country of origin
- Some components, including winches, mine door locks, hydraulic safety devices, and other devices
Confirmation of compliance with the requirements of the regulation of the assembled before commissioning elevator is carried out directly at the facility according to the 4d scheme required for EAC Declaration.
The analysis confirms the compliance of an elevator that has worked for a specified period. Based on the results of this analysis, the experts form a conclusion. It indicates whether it is possible to prolong, replace, or upgrade it.
Modernization of elevator structures is a series of measures that improve their technical condition to the safety level provided by TR CU 011/2011.
The safety of elevators is ensured by the fulfillment of a set of requirements of the technical regulations, implying:
- Complete set with obligatory accompanying documents
- Inaccessibility of elevator shafts equipment and technical premises for anyone except for maintenance personnel
- Protective devices to prevent possible injuries due to contact with moving parts
- Intended use
- Maintenance with periodic inspections and repairs
- Possibility of the safe evacuation of passengers in case of emergency