Technical regulation of the Eurasian Customs Union (TR CU) 016/2011 is a list of mandatory requirements to ensure the safety of devices operating on gaseous fuels and released into circulation on the territory of EACU member states. Its main goal is to minimize situations that put human health and the ecosystem at risk.
WHAT DOES TR CU 016/2011 COVER?
The technical regulation covers household and industrial gas-using equipment, identified by characteristics such as:
- Name, variety, and scope
- Nominal working gas pressure
- Thermal power
- Voltage – for combined devices
TR CU 016/2011 DOES NOT COVER EQUIPMENT:
- Using gas as fuel for motors
- Used in production technologies, except for varieties regulated by TR CU 016/2011
- Steam and hot water boilers with a pressure over 0.07 MPa and a water temperature exceeding its boiling point
EAC CERTIFICATE/DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
Confirmation of the conformity of the quality and safety of gas-using equipment covered by the technical regulation is mandatory and implemented by issuing an EAC Declaration or Certificate.
Shutoff, safety, and gas control equipment, automation devices for block burners, gas brooders for heating poultry, household gas lamps, and stoves are declared according to the following schemes:
- 1d, 3d – serial production (valid up to 3 years)/
- 2d, 4d – one-time delivery (batch production – unlimited)/
The EAC Declaration scheme choice depends on the applicant independently and includes an implementation of the following procedure:
- Formation and verification of documentation
- Testing in a laboratory with appropriate Accreditation
- Test report
- Drawing up a document and registering it with the Federal Accreditation Agency (RusAccreditation)
Household and industrial gas appliances and devices for various purposes are certified according to the following schemes:
- 1c – serial production
- 3c – limited quantity production
- 4c – one-time delivery
The EAC Certification procedure regulated by the selected scheme is similar to the EAC declaration. The validity of the EAC Certificate registered with the Russian Accreditation depends on many factors. However, it can remain valid for up to 5 years.
The technical regulations impose rather stringent requirements on the safety of devices operating on gaseous fuel to minimize and eliminate explosive risks from external ignition sources. Their implementation is ensured by:
- The tightness of the gas path connections and their design, which prevents gas leakage, exceeding the regulatory limits
- High-quality air exchange of combustion chambers
- Smooth ignition of the burner
- Eliminating the possibility of condensate formation during gas combustion
- Using materials resistant to aggressive influences and other preventive measures
- The absence of documents certifying the compliance of gas-using equipment with safety standards prohibits its transportation, which entails various penalties established by the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation.