TR EAEU 043/2017 is valid from January 2020. This technical regulation was developed to protect people, their property, and the environment from fire and prevent attempts to mislead consumers. Therefore, its provisions are obligatory for all member States of the EEU. The technical regulations contain rules for identifying fire safety and fire extinguishing equipment and provide both Certification and Declaration to confirm their compliance.
Conformity confirmation features
- For certification there are schemes 1c, 3c and 4c, and for declaration – 3d, 4d and 6d
- A certificate for serial production is issued for five years. For a batch (single specimen) ─ without a specified period. The declaration is registered for up to five years. For a batch (single model), the period is not set.
- Information about documents is entered into the Unified Register.
- Products are marked with a single mark of circulation in the EAEU market.
- A set of supporting documentation is stored for 10 years from the certificate’s expiration date or declaration for batch production and at least 10 years from the selling date of the batch’s last specimen.
Products covered by the TR EAEU 043/2017
- Extinguishing agents
- Fire protection means wood, wood-based materials, steel and (or) reinforced concrete structures, and cables.
- Molded electrical wiring products made of non-metallic materials
- Portable and mobile fire extinguishers
- Autonomous fire extinguishing devices
- Fire cabinets, taps, and shut-off valves
- Transportable fire extinguishing equipment
- Technical means that function as part of fire automation systems (which support transmitting fire notifications, notifying and controlling people during evacuation; fire alarm)
- Technical standards that function as part of automatic fire extinguishing installations (including autonomous, robotic, and modular)
- Robotic fire extinguishing installations
- Firefighters PPE for sight and respiration
- Firefighter’s special protective clothing: general purpose, high temperatures, insulating type; comforters and heat-resistant linen
- PPE for hands, feet, and head of a firefighter (helmets)
- High-altitude levels Rescue equipment in case of fire
- Tools for particular work on fires
- Additional equipment for firefighters: flashlights, thermal imagers, sound beacons, and radio beacons
- Fire-fighting equipment: standpipe, hydrants, fire nozzles, hose collectors and branches, generators and foam mixers, hydraulic elevators, etc.
- Fire barriers that fill openings.
- Technical means functioning as part of smoke ventilation systems are essential: Products that the TR EAEU does not cover are still regulated by national legislation, and issuing a “fire” certificate or declaration for these products is necessary.
Documents needed for Product Certification
- Technical conditions (description)
- Technical documentation (any available is permitted)
- A list of standards, the application of which ensures compliance with the TR EAEU requirements (if such standards were applied)
- Description of technical solutions that confirm that the TR EAEU requirements are met (if the standards were not used or are missing)
- Contract (supply agreement) and shipping documentation (for schemes 3c and 4c are used)
- Agreement with the manufacturer (a copy), including with a foreign one, on ensuring the compliance of the supplied products with the requirements and on liability for non-compliance with these requirements (for a person authorized by the manufacturer) (Scheme 1c)
- Documents confirming the conformity of the materials from which the product is made, its constituent parts or components
- Other documents confirming the compliance of the product with the requirements of the TR EAEU, for the applicant’s opinion (if any)
The declarant must collect the same set of documents as for certification, just adding the following documentation, depending on the declaration scheme:
- Product test report
- Protocol (act) of production control (for serial production)
- QMS certificate
The applicant can collect the necessary evidence documents on his own or with the help of a testing laboratory. In addition, TR EAEU provides the possibility for product certification instead of a declaration. Such a replacement is possible at the request of the applicant.
The exact date when the TR EAEU 043/2017 came into force on January 1, 2020. From this moment on, it is not allowed to issue documents on the conformity of products, which are included in the area of its regulation, with the requirements of other legislative acts. For the gradual replacement of documents, the decision of the EAC Board provides the following:
- Documents issued before the TR EAEU entered into force remain valid until the expiration of their validity period but up to 18 months from the date TR EAEU came into effect.
- Products that have passed confirmation of compliance with the requirements of national legislation are produced and remain in circulation on the market of the participating country for another 18 months.
- Products, the conformity of which was not previously required to be confirmed, remain in circulation for another 12 months from the date of entry into force of the TR EAEU.
Please send us a request for certification and declaration of your products.